The Cabinet Secretary Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation Sicily Kariuki, (Mrs.) EGH today, inspected the construction of Naivasha Industrial Park Water Supply project in Naivasha, Nakuru County.
She said the project targets to supply water to Naivasha Industrial Park & is being implemented at a cost of Kshs 995m and it is an enabler of the Big Four Agenda, which aims to create more jobs, by setting up special economic zones within Naivasha sub county.
The CS noted that the project is at 98% complete and the scope entails construction of:
- NAIVAWASS Borehole Site to the Main Tank at Longonot along Naivasha – Mai Mahiu Road
- Gravity main from Main tank at Longonot to the Elevated Steel Water Tanks at the Industrial
- 4,500m3 reinforced concrete tank
- 500m3 reinforced concrete tank at the booster station
- 100m3 reinforced break pressure pad
- 262m3 elevated steel tanks and pump and pump houses
CS Sicily directed that the remaining 2% works component be completed by Friday next week. and the communal water points from longonot to ICD be installed to serve residents living in the surrounding areas.
She emphasized the need to ensure that government projects are fastracked and completed on time for the benefit of the mwananchi.
The CS was accompanied by the Water Secretary Engineer Sao Alima, Acting Central Rift Water Works CEO, Engineer Samuel Oruma, and the Chairman, Rift Valley works Ambassador, Boniface Muhia among others.